CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

weeks 33-36

Week 36
If you look close you can see my outie






September 17, 2012
 It's hard to believe but at the end of this week I'll officially be full term. Things are getting real.  The past few weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions from being so excited to meet our little guy to being terrified of actually becoming a parent.  There has also been the anxiety of getting everything ready and making sure we're prepared for Lucas to be here.  Between our home and work sometimes I feel like I can't catch my breath and then I realize we have the most important things and Walmart is just down the road so it won't be the end of the world if everything isn't perfectly prepared. Also, I think my co-workers will survive and the world won't end if I'm not there and haven't gotten every detail in place.  These are such hard things for a control freak to admit.
There have been many pregnancy symptoms present lately, including the roller coaster of emotions which I feel like I've done a somewhat descent job of controlling.  I've definitely started swelling these past few weeks.  My feet look atrocious! (see picture above) I've been doing every trick in the book to help but no luck so far. I guess I'm just going to have to deal with it. My hands also swell which has caused finger pain and loss of motion in them. And the best is my face is also starting to swell.  You gotta love when people tell you you look pregnant in your face. The hip and pelvis pain is in pretty full force causing my already awkward way of walking to become a complete waddle.
In more exciting news (I realize my pregnancy symptoms aren't that exciting but they should be documented so I can guilt trip Luke once day about what I went through for him) I had my baby shower a few weeks ago on August 25th. I had a great time and got some great stuff.  It reminded me how fortunate I am to have so many great friends in my life. Honestly, I have the greatest friends ever! I feel anyone who has one or two great friends who would do anything for them is lucky but I have about 10 friends that I have made at various stages of my life that have stuck by my side and I know I could count on for anything (a couple of these girls were missing from the shower because they live so far away).  I'm so glad that Lucas will have these people in his life because they are all such special people to me- as long as they don't tell any bad stories about me to him.  Enough mushiness about how great my friends are, here are some pics from the day. I guess I should have included some of the great stuff I got too.

I know I doted on my friends but my family is pretty great too.
I don't know what I'd do without them!





Hopefully, I won't wait another 4 weeks to do an update.  Mainly because Lucas will probably be here by then.  Tomorrow we're going for my 36 week check up and I start the weekly appointments. I'm also getting an ultrasound tomorrow just to make sure Luke is growing ok. So far everything has been healthy but he's measuring a little small.  We're thinking he's just going to be a small baby (no complaints here if I don't have to birth a Steve size baby).  I'm a little nervous but also excited to get a sneak peek at our little guy.
I'm promising nursery pictures for the next post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment