CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Out of the Baby Coma

October 28, 2012

And he is awake, well at least for more than 10 minutes at a time.  I have to admit those first few weeks I was beginning to think Luke was a bit boring because all he did was sleep.  I had to wake him up and pretty much force him to eat before he fell back asleep.  He still sleeps most of the day but now has about 2 or 3 times a day where he is alert for an hour or two. I love seeing those big blue (for now at least) eyes observing the world.
He had his two week check up on the 18th. Our little man is healthy and thriving as put by Dr. Stanford.  He was also impressed for how alert he was during the visit.  He weighed 6lbs 10oz which means he surpassed just gaining back his birth weight by 4oz. He also grew a half an inch. I think he's gotten even bigger since then. The little wrinkles in his legs are slowly filling out into tiny little rolls.
Not only is he doing well but he showed me he can projectile poop and spit up these past few weeks.  I've spent many a days covered in spit up, poop and pee. My seemingly boring baby is slowly turning into a handful. He also has his nights and days mixed up sometimes too. He thinks the hours of 1-3am are the hours to be awake and want to be held.  Hopefully we can remedy this soon.  Other than doing the baby stuff, Luke has been catching up football during the weekends (this is great quality dad time) and visiting with all of the guests who come to see him. During the day we've enjoyed this beautiful weather and go on walks around the neighborhood. We're both looking forward to when he can sit up and go on runs in his jogging stroller. Until then I'm cherishing our walks and long cuddle sessions.


Some pictures of these past 2 weeks:
Pure sweetness



Look how long I can stretch out


football watching with dad

I'm ready for the USM game and he's ready for Rutgers

Southern Miss homecoming. He gave up on them and went to sleep.

Fist bumping Mom.

My 3 favorite boys

This is his not happy face



The cutest little pumpkin around
This week we're looking forward to Mom Mom coming to visit. She can't wait to meet Luke and I know he feels the same way. We're also getting to go out for Halloween with some of the other babies in our Sunday school class. This will be his first meeting with his future daycare classmates.  I'm sure he'll remember it forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment