CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

35 Weeks

I didn't have the standard photo but there is my big belly in my 2 piece at 35 weeks.  My 1 piece would only stretch so far.

The cast is off!  I feel like a free woman. After 3 weeks in a splint and 5 weeks in a cast, I welcomed the boot and a life without crutches. My back got a little relief too since all of my weight isn't on one leg and messing up my already shifting pelvis.

My last moments in the cast

only a little atrophy.  The scar doesn't show too much here.



Steve and I went to the coast and celebrated our 6th anniversary and probably last chance at alone time for several months.  It was a great getaway and so nice to have "us" time and be on our own schedule.  We even stayed up to about 11:30pm!
We had an awesome dinner at Chimney's and had a beach view

    
Leaving Luke with Nana.  You can see my bellybutton here.
























Luke started swim lessons and is quite the fish.  We joined the "mommy and me class" which I had to get substitutes for since I was still in a cast the first 2 classes.  However, he did so well he got moved to the 3 year old class for his next lesson.  I hope Luke and his sister love the water as much as I do.

Mrs. Susan helped on his 1st day

I just proudly watched

Dad was able to help the 2nd class

And by the 3rd class he was with the big kids




















Luke had a field trip at the end of May to the zoo.  He had a great time with his friends and I decided to extend the day into a mommy son day since his time as the center of attention is coming to an end shortly.  We enjoyed a trip to pet smart (this is like going to the zoo for him), books a million, and then ice cream.  I was pooped afterwards and our little girl (I think we're going with Olivia now but it's always subject to change) was letting me know I had done a little too much.  Over the weekend she started dropping and I've started getting some braxton hicks.  I didn't have these (at least not noticeably) with Luke. 

They liked the tiger

Not a huge fan of the snake


The splash pad is always a favorite
He loves the puppies

He also loves some ice cream


I didn't realize how busy we've been the past few weeks trying to squeeze in as much fun as possible and prepare for the newest member of our family.  My mom helped tremendously with cleaning out and getting the nursery ready. Now our little girl has a pretty room of her own as well as lots of clothes thanks to friends who have little girls already.

Getting snuggle time in with mom and sister.  Luke is in a naked stage.

We had a fun playdate with lots of Luke's friends and ours for Memorial day


Add caption

         
We even got to do a little fishing.  Luke caught this one.
















Olivia (if we stick with that name)  has a friend coming about a month after she's born

All we need is our daughter.  And maybe some organization in the rest of the house, sleep, for me to be walking better, and to get all my ducks in a row at work.  Then we'll be ready for her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment