| Week 11 |
March 23, 2012
We had another check up on Friday and everything is still healthy. We heard the little pumpkin heartbeat again - 165bpm. It's pumping fast now.
It looks like pumpkin will have have a few birthday friends. Today at church we found out a couple in our Sunday school class have a due date of October 16th and someone who works at USM and has done volunteer work at Southern Pines with me is due on the 12th. It's fun to know people going through pregnancy at the same time.
Steve and I went with my mom and Tiff to see The Lion King in New Orleans on Thursday. It was amazing! I think Pumpkin enjoyed it too except I was up way past his/her normal bedtime.
Steve left today to finish up with school. He has 3 weeks in TN then he'll come home for 3 weeks before we head back to TN to watch him graduate. It has been a LONG 27 months I just hope these next 3 weeks don't drag out too long. We sent the cats to stay with my mom since I'm off litter duty but I do have Dash with me still. Hopefully, I'll stay busy or just catch up on sleep - I'm guessing it will be the latter.
Here's what's going on this week:
Physical:
Sometimes I think I can see the beginnings of a baby bump but other times I'm pretty sure I'm just bloated. I actually lost 2lbs at the Dr. appt. I haven't gotten sick any but I have had a lot of food aversions and I can usually only eat a little bit of food at a time - I guess that is why I'm down.
The tiredness has increased. I can go from feeling fine and energetic to all of a sudden being completely exhausted. Bloat, food aversions, tiredness and boob soreness have been my main symptoms so far. Not being sick kind of worried me for a while but I'm now just accepting that I'm fortunate. I've also been able to mostly keep up with my workout which I think has maintained my saneness.
Emotional:
I teared up about 3 or 4 times in the lion king and almost any other movie we watch. It's crazy. A lot of anxiety about something going wrong has decreased since the last appt on Friday; we're so close to the 2nd trimester I figured it's ok to quit worrying so much. I'm sure this will only last a few more days though.
The other big stress in our family right now is a job for Steve. He found out last week that the job he was hoping for isn't hiring so he has been searching but it's not looking great. He's getting pretty discouraged. While he's in TN he'll be interviewing for a position in KY. It's been sort of an emotional roller coaster to think we may have to move to another state for him a job. I can't imagine having a baby where I don't know anyone. We'll just continue to pray something opens up around here.
1 comments:
Love hearing about baby Ryder!!
Post a Comment