CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Ryder #2 Week 4

 

After a busy, fun, exciting two years with Luke, we decided it was about time to expand our family.  I feel since I documented my pregnancy with him, it's only fair that I do it for #2.  I'm just getting a little later start. 
We found out we were expecting our family to grow shortly after Luke's 2nd birthday.  We made the decision to start trying a month or two before then.  One night we were watching our friends' son Frank who is 6mo. younger than Luke.  We had a lot of fun watching them play together.  After Frank went home, Steve and I were sitting on the couch and he looked at me and said, "I think I'm ready for #2."  I responded that I thought we already made that decision a while back.  He said I know but today made me really ready.  It was fun with two kids.  Exhausting but fun.


These are some pictures of our fun play date.

Let me back up to earlier that day.  I'm very aware of my body and when something is off or different.  Steve, Luke, and I went for a run that morning and I was barely hanging on trying to maintain a 9-10min. pace.  I know that I'm capable of a sub 7min pace and even on a day when I'm sub par, I can do 8.5min pace easily.  Something was off and I told Steve I must be getting sick.  Especially since I had not done much exercise the week before due to being out of town.  Throughout the day, I just didn't feel right.  I told Steve I've only felt this way when I had the flu or when I was pregnant.  He told me to wait another week before a test.  (I may have taken a lot of tests out of excitement and hope with Luke)

That night, I woke up around 2am to go to the bathroom and then again around 5:30.  Once again, I know that's not normal for me so with that second trip, I decided to grab the pregnancy test I had.  Within seconds, the little plus sign showed up.  It was faint but it was there.  I was so excited I jumped on Steve and laid it next to him.  Steve does not get excited about anything before 7am, not even a complete life changing event.  I think it took us both a little while for it to finally sink in but we are excited about our new addition and hopefully have a little better idea of what we're getting ourselves into this time.



0 comments:

Post a Comment