CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

The Big News

February 9, 2012

There's going to be a new Ryder in town and not a furry one this time.  Steve and I are going to be real parents!  We just found out and it's all amazing, exciting, scary and a bit overwhelming at the same time.  It is a planed pregnancy so we did have an idea this may happen but now that it actually is, it seems so surreal.  Probably the hardest part of this past week besides taking five million tests to convince myself there is really a baby in there has been trying to keep the news a secret.  Also, I've been a bit paranoid that at any moment it's just going to go away - is that normal?  I've been known to be a bit neurotic before.  The array of emotions has kept me on a roller coaster. That and cutting back on the caffeine makes me feel a bit sorry for Steve. And then there are moments when I actually get side tract and forget all about it - not for long though.
 I found out the exciting news on Feb. 3rd at work after a night when I passed out at 6pm and slept soundly until 7am the next day.  I love my sleep but the exhaustion I felt was a bit ridiculous.  I was convinced I was anemic (even though I've been taking my prenatal vitamins) and got our lab tech to do a blood test.  She asked if maybe I was pregnant so I told her it was a possibility since we were trying. I hadn't missed a period yet but it was possible that it might show up. Sure enough, this little Ryder growing inside me was the one to blame for the 13hour sleep fest. 
I was so excited to tell Steve the news and he was ecstatic to hear it.  Dash on the other hand not so much. The cats are indifferent since they do what they want anyways.
On Monday morning I reconfirmed the test was positive.  The line was much darker this time; my mind was eased for the moment. I made the first doctor's appoint but was unable to get in soon because of my crazy work schedule the next few weeks.  So our first appt. will be on Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras - Feb. 21st.
One of the ways we want to share the news is through Dash's big brother t-shirt I made him.  Like I said, he's not too happy with this whole thing.  In case you don't know us that well, Steve and I are those crazy dog people who think of little mongrel as a child. I'm so excited to share our love with our upcoming addition!

This is the happy face of an only child.

Dash's new shirt.  He peed on it soon after this picture.

 
This is Dash's "I'm trying to grin and bear it but I really don't like this" face












0 comments:

Post a Comment