| This week our pumpkin is the size of a sweat pea. |
February 21, 2012 (Mardi Gras!)
I've felt like a kid counting down the days to Christmas this past week as I've waited for our first appointment. I guess I just wanted that official recognition from a doctor that I am indeed pregnant. (2 blood tests and 2 home pregnancy tests wasn't enough for me)
The pregnancy was confirmed and anything the doctor can tell by just looking at me looks good. Other than the confirmation there was nothing too exciting. I gave about 7 tubes of blood, got a packet of information and confirmed to Steve that a trip to Universal Studios would not be fun because I would just watch him ride all the rides. Although he was board as I was brought from room to room, Steve was a good sport. He event took me to get donuts afterwards in case my blood sugar was low from giving so much blood (guess who really wanted donuts).
Right now the due date is October 15th.(this could change after the ultrasound). I'm just counting down the days until next Tuesday when we go to first ultrasound. Can't wait for the first picture of our pumpkin:)
Here's what's happening this week:
Physically:
I'm starting to feel small waves of nausea. Nothing too severe, it's mostly comes when I have food aversions such as the donuts this mornings. I've noticed I want eggs all the time. According to Steve I've been "housing some eggs." I'm also starting to get tired more. I've taken a nap (not that that is unusual to me) for the past four days.
Mentally:
Still just excited. A little relief that I made it one more week and there is still a baby in there. I have moments when it actually hits me that we're going to have a baby and freak out a little bit but that gets overrun by excitement of a little combination of Steve and Jodi will be running around the house in the future. Steve had a moment of panic when we had to pay the first bill today. I'm going to blame hormonal mood swings for me calling him a cheap a**.
Other:
We've also shared the news with a few others. It's so hard to contain the excitement. Also, there have been no more outbursts from Dash. I think he is getting use to the idea or he is enjoying joining me for naps and eating food I can't finish.
0 comments:
Post a Comment