February 14, 2012
Since it will be 15ish more weeks until we know the gender of the child, we decided we needed a nickname to refrain from calling out future baby "it." This was a suggestion from my mom (I think it's because she read the book series of "A Child Called It"). Steve would love to call my growing fetus little parasite. Although an endearing term ( I wish there were a sarcasm font), I find it sort of gross like I have worms or something. He did sign my Valentine's day card love, Steve, Dash, Addie, Xanny and unborn Ryder which I guess puts Unborn Ryder in the mix for names. I don't find this very affectionate either. Baby Ryder seems a bit cliche' for a fetus name. Since it looks like our new addition will be making an appearance in October, I thought Pumpkin would be fitting. Although this growing baby is far from the size of a pumpkin (more like half a pumpkin seed at this point) we're going to try this name on for size for now.
As I mentioned in the last blog, Dash doesn't seem to fond of Pumpkin's presence. In the last 2wks he has peed in the house 3 times, something he hasn't done since he was a puppy. We were concerned he may have a UTI. We took him to the vet to find out today that he is healthy as can can be. The vet did say he could be acting out to any changes and asked if anything was different. We inquired if he would be able to sense an early pregnancy and she said it was possible and has known of dogs having a change of behavior during the owner's pregnancy.
If Dash peeing inside wasn't evidence enough about him having anxiety over being a big brother, the day after we found out for sure we came home to this:
| The demolished baby |
![]() | ||||
| For those unfamiliar with King Cakes (so unfortunate for you) This is what one normally looks like. |
This king cake baby had been sitting on an end table for about two weeks and all of a sudden he has decided to show us the damage he could. This is going to be a long 9 months for him.
In order keep track of Pumpkin's changes and growth I'm going to try my best to post weekly (at least monthly) a belly picture, changes I've experienced, and steps we've taken to prepare for our pumpkin. I'll start next post with week 5 updates.

0 comments:
Post a Comment