February 15, 2012
| Week 5 |
I'm at about the 5 week point in this pregnancy now. I know eventually I'm going to want this to slow down and its going to seem like it's all happening way to fast but right now I just want to get through the next few weeks to make sure I'm at a safe point and that this is really going to happen. Also, I want to be there so I feel more confident when telling friends. I still hate keeping this joy inside of me!
Here's what's going on this week:
Physically:
- I have some cramping, I think that's my uterus stretching or something. That is the most constant feeling I have which is also a little scary because it feels like I'll start my period at any moment. All reading materials say this is normal.
- I don't really feel tired unless exercising. My running has definitely slowed down and decreased in length. I can only do about 3 miles almost comfortably. Other than that the exhaustion that is suppose to hit in the 1st trimester hasn't hit yet.
- The boobs are sore and definitely growing. I think I may get to toss the A cups for a while. (sorry if any guys are reading this, be forewarned I tend to over share)
Mentally:
- Still excited and trying to convince myself this is real. Really pumped for our 1st doctor visit in less than a week.
- Trying to prepare myself for body changes and accept my body for where it is now. This is an area I definitely struggle with and hope it doesn't get in the way of me fully enjoying growing our pumpkin. Just be prepared for upcoming I feel fat comments.
- I don't think I'm emotional yet. However, I did go see The Vow and cried through almost the entire film; I rarely ever cry in movies.
0 comments:
Post a Comment